When it comes to choosing the right coverings for your windows, they need to be able to serve more than one purpose. It’s as much about functionality as it is about looks.
No matter the type, window dressings meet many needs and can be one of the best ways to transform and refresh a room. They are a big player in a room’s overall feeling; being able to soften or change the ambience of a room when either open or closed.
Don’t believe us? Here are 6 simple, yet impactful ways the right choice of window coverings can transform your home:
1. Styling it up – There is no doubt the aesthetic impact is what leads our choice of coverings. If there’s a feeling you want to create or a specific theme that you’ve been carrying throughout a room and perhaps even your home, keep it in mind when choosing a window covering that compliments and enhances it. Our Cosiflor® honeycomb blinds are made from the finest European fabrics and are available in a large range of colours and designs.
2. Light control – Your choice of window coverings should be motivated by light control as much as look. Whether you want total blackout for your bedroom or a sun-filled living space, window coverings have a big impact on your home’s liveability. The flexibility of Cosiflor® pleated blinds allow you to control the amount of light entering a room and their transparency by your choice of fabric.
3. Privacy please – We tend to live in close proximity to our neighbours; it is therefore important that our window dressings provide privacy. So, when choosing your coverings, be sure to think about letting the light in but also being able to turn your home into a privacy haven when you want it to be.
4. Creating a mood – Mood is big part of making a house feel like a home. Mood is influenced by many factors, particularly light, privacy and style. And you may have noticed, all of this comes down to your window coverings.
5. Comfort is key – Keeping your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter is probably the most important job of your window coverings. We spend hundreds of dollars paying energy bills to manage our home’s temperature – with the right window coverings, not only will your home achieve a high level of thermal comfort, but they can also save you money. Our honeycomb thermal blinds are twin-layered, insulating any home against harsh seasonal elements.
6. Child safety – Safety might not be the first thing that springs to mind when you think about window coverings but tangled, loose cords can pose a serious safety risk. The cords on Cosiflor® honeycomb blinds are hidden by cleverly running them through the honeycomb structure, making them family-friendly.
To find out more about Cosiflor® blinds, contact us today.